Direct file upload from the recorder to the network for faster turnaround time
- Just dock your dictation recorder into the Philips ACC8160 WIFI WLAN Transfer Station and enjoy the easiest way to transfer your dictation files in seconds to the transcriptionist.
Seamless and simple use with no user configuration or training required
- The Philips ACC8160 WIFI WLAN Transfer Station is simple to use and requires no end-user training or configuration. Users just dock their recorder to upload dictation files.
Easy implementation without investment in additional hardware
- The average annual maintenance costs for a PC are four to seven times the acquisition costs. In contrast, WLAN adapters are easy to deploy and manage, reducing your IT maintenance costs.
Wireless security features and FTPS support for secure file transfer
- End-to-end encryption with DSS file encryption and secure FTP transfer as well as wireless industry-standard security features ensure that sensitive information remains confidential. Having no local storage capability, the WLAN adapter is not vulnerable to viruses or other malicious software. File upload is limited to dictation sound files (.dss/.ds2, .wav, .mp3), thus prohibiting that the WLAN adapter is used to upload harmful files to the network.
Password protection for safeguarding configuration access
- The configuration interface is password protected for safeguarding device configuration from unauthorized access.
Kensington security slot for theft protection
- Use the Kensington lockdown equipment to secure the adapter to a desktop or other surface, protecting it against theft.
Automatic firmware updates for dictation recorders for efficient device management
- Deploy automatic firmware updates for Philips Pocket Memo dictation recorders. The firmware will be updated automatically the next time the recorder is connected to the Philips ACC8160 WIFI WLAN Transfer Station.
Web browser interface for easy and quick setup and configuration
- The streamlined configuration interface can be accessed via Web browser, making it is easy to use without any software installation.
- USB: for Pocket Memo digital dictation recorder
- Micro USB: for DC 5V power supply
- LAN Ethernet: 10/100 Mbit/s
- WLAN antenna connector
- Philips Pocket Memo dictation recorder: DPM8000 series, LFH9600 series
- Philips Pocket Memo docking station: ACC8120, LFH9120
- WiFi standards
- IEEE 802.11b
- IEEE 802.11g
- IEEE 802.11n
- Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA/WPA2)
- Kensington security slot
- LAN status
- Recorder status
- Power supply: 5 V DC / 1800 mA
- Power consumption: 500 mA (without connected recorders)
System requirements WLAN adapter:
- FTP or FTPS server with a user account for the WLAN adapter
- DHCP server (recommended)
System requirements administration software:
- Processor: Pentium 4, 1 GHz or equivalent processor
- RAM memory: 1 GB
- Hard disk space: 10 MB for the administration software, 850 MB (32 bit)/2 GB (64 bit) for Microsoft .NET Framework
- Operating system: Windows 8/7/Vista (32/64 bit), Windows Server 2008/2008 R2/2003 SP 2
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0
- Microsoft Windows Installer 3.1
- LAN connection
- Temperature: 5° – 45° C/41° – 113° F
- Humidity: 10 % – 90 %, noncondensing
- Compliant to 2011/65/EU (RoHS)
- Lead-free soldered product
- Product dimensions (W × D × H): 100 × 100 × 25 mm / 3.94 × 3.94 × 0.98 inches
- Net weight: 270 g/10 oz