New Dragon Professional Individual for Mac is here!
Introducing Dragon Professional Individual for Mac version 6. With a brand new next generation speech recognition engine which uses Deep Learning technology to assure more accurate document creation. Dragon Dictate Professional Individual for Mac has finally caught up with it’s PC counterpart in customization and mobility to help you be more productive wherever you are!
Key Features of Dragon Professional Individual for Mac v6:
- Speed through document creation 3x faster than typing with up to 99% recognition accuracy
- Optimizes accuracy for speakers with accents or in slight noisy environments such as an office cubicle
- Supports the latest applications, including Microsoft Word 2016 and Microsoft Outlook 2016, Apple Pages, Apple Keynote, Apple Numbers, and Scrivener, with Full Text Control, for fully voice-driven editing and command capabilities
- Transcribe from .mp3 aif, .aiff, .wav, .mp4, .m4a, .m4v.
- Complete transcription quickly and accurately with no voice training required even for third-party speakers
- Transcribe any single speaker’s voice from pre-recorded audio files or from podcasts
- Use transcription Batch Mode and save time if you have multiple audio files to transcribe.
- Speak as long as you want to complete documents of any length—from a business report to an entire book
- Easily create form-based templates and fill out reports, such as client in-take forms—all in the moment
- Import and export to and from popular cloud-based document-sharing tools like Dropbox® and note-taking apps like Evernote®
- Sync with Dragon for Mac and work started on the road can be completed back at the desktop for seamless document workflows
- Import and export custom word lists for acronyms or other unique business-specific phrases you frequently use
- Insert frequently-used text like boilerplate content or signature blocks by voice
- Create custom voice commands to short-cut repetitive steps or automate multi-step processes
The award-winning speech recognition software for the Mac has been elevated to professional status for even bigger productivity impact. You’ll enjoy unparalleled speed, accuracy, and ease or use so you can speed through documentation tasks in record time.
- Delivers up to 99% speech recognition accuracy right out of the box
- With new engine, get optimal accuracy for speakers with accents or in slight noisy environments such as in a cubicle environment
- Get highly accurate speech recognition results right out of the box with no training required
- Provides a personalized voice-driven experience
- Achieve increasingly accurate results the more you use it
- Enjoy personalized accuracy; Dragon learns the words and phrases you use the most
- Further enhance accuracy with optional advanced training or analysis of existing documents and emails
- Performs with fast response times and minimal latency
- Talk at normal speeds and see words appear on the screen almost instantly
- Receive immediate feedback on what you say so you can check it right away
- Never lose a beat in your train of thought; Dragon captures your ideas as fast as you can speak them
Use your voice to dictate documents or enter text anywhere you normally type
Dragon eliminates barriers to productivity and creativity by letting you interact with your computer by voice. It turns your spoken thoughts into text and your voice commands into action so you don’t have to worry about the mechanics of typing and spelling. You can easily switch between keyboard, mouse and voice so you can use the mode of input you prefer for any given task.
Dragon not only lets you dictate up to three times faster than typing, but it also allows you to make edits and apply formatting using your voice. You can select text and apply formatting such as bold, underline, capitals and more, or just speak to make needed changes. Smart Format Rules automatically adapt to how you want abbreviations, dates, phone numbers, and more to appear, so you don’t have to correct them every time.
Dragon gives you robust voice command and control as well as Full Text Control, for fully voice-driven editing and command capabilities within many popular business applications that you use every day. Create documents such as reports, emails, forms and notes, and zip through computer tasks in record time.
Create custom words and vocabulary
Dragon Professional Individual for Mac easily learns acronyms, proper names and other unique or business-specific phrases that you frequently use so it captures your unique words the way you want. In addition, you can import and export your custom word lists.
Create custom voice commands for inserting frequently-used text
With Dragon Professional Individual for Mac, it’s quick and easy to create custom voice commands to quickly insert frequently-used text. This feature lets you insert a standard reply, a signature block, a form template or other boilerplate content by speaking a simple command for significant time savings.
Automate business processes with time-saving macros
Give voice to the automation capabilities built into your Mac. Create macros to automate simple workflows or multi-step business processes via simple voice commands. For example, send an email to your sales distribution list, copy the senior management team, and print a hard copy for your files by saying something like, “Send standard sales distro email.”
Transcribe your recordings from audio files
Dragon Professional Individual for Mac supports Nuance-approved digital voice recorders and smartphones for advanced recording functionality and can automatically transcribe the audio files to text back at your Mac. It leverages all the accuracy improvements gained from the state-of-the-art speech recognition engine for fewer post-corrections.
The transcription process features a fully streamlined setup for your own voice. Because acoustic and language model adaptation are automatically leveraged for the current user, no special training is required.
You can also accurately transcribe another single speaker’s voice from pre-recorded audio ﬁles or from podcasts. No additional training is also needed to transcribe third-party speakers*, so you can complete transcription quickly and accurately.
Depending on your preference, you may take notes by recording your voice into an audio device for later transcription, or you can work with the Dragon Anywhere mobile app for immediate, professional-grade dictation. Dragon Professional Individual for Mac lets you work the way you want to optimize your productivity while on the road.
*Transcription of third-party speakers may require an additional license for each unique speaker.
Sync with separate Dragon Anywhere mobile solution
Dragon Anywhere is a separate, cloud-based app that provides continuous dictation capabilities, letting you create and edit documents of any length by voice—using your own customized words, shortcuts and commands—directly on your iOS or Android device. It adapts to your voice and terminology so you can dictate, edit, navigate and format quickly and accurately within your document from anywhere. Your documents, preferences and customizations can be synced with Dragon desktop offerings for seamless productivity wherever your job takes you. Gain immediate access to your dictation without having to wait or rely on a costly transcription service so can spend more time contributing to your bottom line and less time behind a desk completing administrative tasks.
Command and control your computer by voice for convenience and comfort
Launch applications, select menu items, press keys, switch between windows, search the Web, create and send emails and more all by voice, if you wish. Dragon Professional Individual for Mac gives you the flexibility to:
- Work hands-free, if desired
- Experience more ergonomic comfort when working on your computer
- Feel less stress and strain on your body
- Multitask by using your voice to dictate and execute commands
Choose your microphone option for freedom and flexibility
With automatic microphone detection, Dragon Professional Individual for Mac will conveniently show you which microphones are available for you to use. Because Dragon lets you use multiple audio device types within the same profile, you can easily switch to another microphone while keeping all your personalized preferences for accuracy and formatting. This feature is useful if, for example, you use a USB mic at home, a wireless mic at work and your laptop’s built-in mic when you’re on the go.
With Dragon Professional Individual for Mac you have the option to use:
- Microphones built into all iMac, MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro computers: You’re free to dictate documents and speak commands directly into your laptop without using a headset
- Wireless Bluetooth mic: Use a Nuance-certified Bluetooth headset microphone for outstanding wireless performance and the freedom to move while working on your computer
Extend accessibility and prevent repetitive stress injuries
Dragon Professional Individual for Mac eliminates barriers for individual workers with disabilities that limit their ability to use a keyboard and mouse. In addition, it helps prevent fatigue and repetitive stress injuries by offering a comfortable, ergonomic alternative to the keyboard and mouse.
Even easier to get started and master
Dragon Professional Individual for Mac makes it easy to get started with speech recognition and to become proficient quickly with regular use. It’s also simple to explore more advanced features that can boost your productivity even further.
Dragon offers multiple ways to accelerate mastery and get the most out of your speech recognition investment—even offering productivity tips and helping you discover advanced Dragon features. You can take advantage of:
- Helpful tutorials make it easy to become productive right away
- An intuitive design provides easy access to a rich and powerful feature set for ever-increasing productivity gains
- Contextual guidance tailored to your usage will help you maximize the power of Dragon and complete documentation more efficiently than ever before
System Requirements for Dragon Professional Individual for Mac v6:
- RAM: Minimum 4GB, 8GB recommended
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 Ghz or faster processor – Intel Core i3, i5 or i7 recommended
- Free hard disk space: 8GB
- Supported Operating Systems: OS X El Capitan (10.11.6) or macOS Sierra (10.12)
- An Internet connection for product download, automatic product activation (a quick anonymous process) and access to online help
- Built-in microphone or a Nuance-approved microphone. Some older devices are no longer supported. See support.nuance.com/compatibility for more information
*** Note Does not support dictation into Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems. For EMR support, please use Dragon Medical Practice Edition***